No matter how close or how far you are from the Spring Arbor University main campus, the White Library’s resources and services are for YOU, too!
Live at a distance and need something fast? Electronic resources might be the best choice!
Want to borrow something we own but it’s in hard copy? No problem!
- Physical items owned by the library can be requested for checkout. The library will ship them to your home and a postage-paid mailing label will be provided for return shipment. Contact Katherine Moyer by phone or email at 517-750-6439 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about borrowing or returning library books.
- Click here to search the SAU Library’s book collection
What if you don’t have something I need for my research? If you have a little extra time, that’s not a problem, either!
- Articles and book chapters can be requested from other libraries. They will be emailed to you as PDF attachments. Delivery time is 1-3 days, although harder-to-find items may take a longer.
- Ebooks can also be requested through ILL. Ebooks are delivered via email. Due to publisher restrictions, some e-books may not be available through ILL. Delivery time is typically 1-3 days.
- Print books: The library does not mail Interlibrary Loan books to distance students. However, if you are able to pick-up and return print books to the SAU main campus, we will be happy to order a print book for you through ILL. Print books take 1-2 weeks to arrive. Why doesn't the library mail ILL print books to distance students? Because it takes forever! Seriously, though, ILL books can take 2 weeks or more to arrive, and they have limited loan periods. Students rarely have the time to wait for an ILL book to arrive before an assignment is due. Please do not hesitate to contact the library if you don't mind waiting the long delivery period for an ILL book.
- Articles, book chapters, and ebooks can be requested by selecting the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request button within each of the library’s databases and completing the accompanying form. If an ILL request button is not available, fill out the blank ILL form here or send an email to email@example.com
Need some research assistance? We have quite a few options for you…
- Need some one-on-one research assistance? Set up a virtual meeting with a librarian! We can set up a meeting with you via one of a number of possible tools, including Zoom, Skype, or Google Duo. We can provide database instruction, reference assistance, or citation assistance in these meetings. Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 517-750-6742. You may also choose to fill out this form.
- We have a 24/7 chat option so that you can talk with a librarian anytime of the day or night (note: your question may be answered by a librarian from another university, but rest assured that they’re trained professionals!).
- You can email your reference and research questions to us: email@example.com or click here to send us a message.
- We have online guides available to help explain some initial library information: click here to view a list of available guides.
- We can also help with a specific question by creating a custom tutorial and/or written instructions that we can email to you!
If you’re ever near Spring Arbor University’s main campus…
- Feel free to come to the library to use materials in the building or speak directly to a reference librarian.
- Librarians are available to set up face-to-face, one-on-one instructional meetings. Call or email to make an appointment. You may also choose to fill out this form.
Hugh A. & Edna C. White Library
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main St.
Spring Arbor, Michigan 49283
Tel: (517) 750-6742
Fax: (517) 750-2108